The following links may prove useful in finding further information, of a heritage or historical nature, about our area:
- Skelton-in-Cleveland in History The best site – bar none – for information about the village of Skelton-in-Cleveland since the Ice Age. The History Group has no connection to this site. It is one man’s labour of love.
- Skelton Townscape Heritage project. A project, partly funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, aimed at restoring a consistent look and feel to properties on the High Street, together with bringing past history and heritage out into the public domain.
- East Cleveland’s Industrial Heartland project. Another project, partly funded by the National Lottery Heritage Fund, aimed at recording, conserving and making more accessible the sites associated with past industries in the East Cleveland area.
- The De Brus Trail. A community led initiative documenting and celebrating the connections that link: the de Brus family, of Skelton Castle; Gisborough Priory; the de Brus cenotaph in Guisborough parish church; and Robert the Bruce, King of Scotland.
- Cleveland Ironstone Mining Museum. Not so much a museum as an unforgettable experience, dedicated to increasing awareness of the once-great ironstone mining industry among locals and visitors alike.